Top and Flop of the 18th day of the championship
- Victor Osimhen (Naples) In the big match against Juventus, the league’s top scorer was devastating, confirming himself as the strongest striker in Serie A, scoring two goals and making an assist for Kvaratskhelia’s goal. When he starts fast, he becomes impregnable for the opponents, difficult to mark in the penalty area due to his speed of movement. Too bad he could not participate in the World Cup with his Nigeria.
- Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (Naples) Against Juventus he confirmed that he is the great revelation of the championship, his play and his goal were decisive for the clear victory of the Neapolitans. Personality, speed and dribbling put the Bianconeri’s strong defense in difficulty. Rarely has a foreign player been seen, after just 18 games in our league, to be so decisive for his team’s victory.
- Lautaro Martinez (Inter) Against Verona he was the best of his team, in addition to the decisive goal he showed he was in mundial form. Surely he returned to Italy loaded and in great shape, after his national team’s victory in Qatar, ready to drag Inter to try and reach leaders Napoli.
- Rasmus Hojlund (Atalanta) In Atalanta’s resounding victory against Salernitana it was simply fantastic. Physical strength combined with a remarkable speed that accompanies an excellent technique, in the match with the Campania players, were the elements that made the difference in attack. He scored a splendid goal, he also won two penalty kicks, driving the defender and captain of Salernitana, Fazio, crazy. The future is on his side, he will become one of the protagonists of our championship.
- Luis Alberto (Lazio) The Spanish midfielder returned to excellent levels in the match against Sassuolo. His contribution was decisive for the victory at home for the Emilians, plays and game changes brought him back to the center of Sarri’s game, who at the end of the game defined the Spaniard’s performance as the best since playing with Lazio.
- Fikayo Tomori (Milan) The Rossoneri defender in the match against Lecce made several mistakes which allowed the Salento team to score. He is not the same footballer admired last season and this is determining the difficulties of Pioli’s team in defense.
- Pierre Kalulu (Milan) The same goes for Tomori, at certain moments in the match against Lecce he seemed like a low-level defender. Always late in the closures, he is in difficulty in the face of the speed of the Salento attackers.
- Gleison Bremer (Juventus) The match against Napoli was difficult for the entire Juventus team, but especially for the defence. From Bremer, who at the moment is considered the main pivot of Allegri’s rearguard, such a difficult evening from a technical and athletic point of view was not expected. He made several mistakes and let the Neapolitan forwards overtake him too easily, which is why the whole Juventus defense got into trouble. The defender admired last year in Turin is far away.
- Danilo (Juventus) In Juventus’ defensive disaster against Napoli, the Brazilian defender was also involved in a poor performance. Some of his mistakes were decisive, to allow the Neapolitan forwards to be put in a position to score. The team captain can’t make such a disastrous performance.
- Federico Fazio (Salernitana) In the Salernitana disaster against Atalanta, the captain was one of the worst on the pitch. He got caught up in spades by the young Atalanta striker Hojlund, he provoked the two penalty kicks against the Dane, he was always overtaken by the young Atalanta when he went on goal. His game is incomprehensible, a player of his experience cannot let himself be put in difficulty in this way by a 19-year-old, even if he is as strong as the Atalanta striker.